In Contra Costa County, people experiencing a behavioral health emergency often do not get the care and help they need. There is not currently an appropriate, reliable and comprehensive response system.
Contra Costa Health Services (CCHS) is working to address the unmet behavioral health needs in Contra Costa County through the A3 initiative.
A3 provides timely and appropriate behavioral health crisis services to Anyone in Contra Costa County Anywhere at Anytime. Currently, A3 operates five days a week during specific hours. As we expand these services over the next year, A3 will provide 24/7 emergency behavioral health support.
A3 Miles Hall Crisis Hub: 833-443-2672
- If you or someone you know is having a behavioral health crisis, please call our A3 Miles Hall Crisis Hub for free emergency support.
- Open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Call 911 for incidents after those hours or on the weekend.
- Contra Costa Crisis Center: Call 211 or text 'HOPE' to 20121
- For youth (17 and younger): Call 877-441-1089
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.